Sunday, July 24, 2011

The much anticipated...DESK!

After nine months of toil, it is finally done. The desk has arrived. And by arrived, I mean custom built by my amazing hubby. Grant designed and built the most amazing desk in our loft area. We were already using the loft as a workspace, but it looked pretty shabby and messy. Now, we have a one-of-a-kind office that can't be beat.

Here are photos from the project.

We special ordered cabinets from Home Depot.
Grant mapping out where the desk will sit.

Upper cabinets being installed.
Grant working on the desktop, the hardest part of the entire project.
Wrap-around desktop done! Ain't she a beauty?

Test driving the desk height.
Glad we are skinny. Grant in the corner putting up shelves.

All ready to paint.
Staining the desktop.
Painting the shelves.

We painted the wall as well. It is a nice latte color.
Grant installed lighting and cork board. Crown molding mid-install.


View from the stairs. The crown molding is almost done.
All DONE!

The craftsman and his complete project. Amazing results.

And no, Grant can't be hired out. I already have him booked with projects for the next few years. I'm pretty lucky aren't I?

4 comments:

katwoer said...

OMG! The desk looks AWESOME! I am way impressed with Grant's handyman skills!

Anonymous said...

With all your handyman expertise, you should have been an Orthopedic Surgeon.
It looks professionally done. I am very proud of you Grant.

Love, Dad

Anna said...

Ooohweee, that looks great! :) Aaron's going to be so jealous. I am just glad to know that we aren't the only people that take the better half of a year for do-it-yourself projects, though!

Jennifer Shook said...

I am SOOOOOO impressed! WOW!