Sunday, January 16, 2011

28

Today is my 28th birthday. I am sitting relaxing after Grant made me wonderful migas for breakfast. Yesterday, we went out to the Metropolitan for dinner. Oh man was it scrumptious.

Happy after a five-star meal.
The best part of the dinner was the Metropolitan Mushroom appetizer. It was beautifully presented in a handspun, crisp fried, cylindrical potato shell overflowing with red wine sauce and shitake mushrooms on a bed of truffle potatoes. (Ok, I stole that description, but it fit perfectly.) We were fighting over the last bite.


Grant gave me new ski goggles for my birthday. We got them Friday so I could ski with them yesterday. They make seeing contours in the snow so much easier. I really love them. 

Grant also gave me new Merrell shoes for our trip to Italy next month. They are really light weight and extremely comfortable. I know we are going to be doing lots of walking, so I am set now.


Tonight, we are going to Melissa and Dan's house for Tripoley game night. It will be wonderful to spend my birthday with friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new shoes and the appetizer does look amazing! Happy Birthday!
Love, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to enjoy your birthday with you! Sounds great! You deserve an amazing day! :) Leah