Thursday, February 21, 2013

Austin

Miles and I needed to escape the SLC cold and polluted air. We headed to Austin to visit family and relax in the nice warm weather. The hardest part was leaving Grant behind. This was his first time away from Miles and it was tough.

Miles discovered a new trick on the plane. He can rip magazine pages out and crumple them. Pretty fun if you ask me.

This activity gave us about an hour of entertainment.

Wonderful ice cream at Lick! Last time I was here I was pregnant.

Post workout reward!

We fit in lots and lots of walking. Miles liked the warmer weather.

Morning cuddles with Mimi.

Visiting Grandpa.
Indian food and drinks with Kathy. I am a lucky girl. And Mimi babysit so I could enjoy some adult-only time.

Beautiful Mama! We went out to a fancy dinner to celebrate my 30th birthday.

About to experience food perfection at La Condesa.

Trying out the new hip coffee shop, Houndstooth.

Look at this espresso machine. So cool.

Breakfast taco trip number 3!

More walking. Look at that wind-blown hair.

Mimi is a stroller expert now.
It was just the trip I needed. I got to relax, eat wonderful food, and spend time with my family. The only thing that would have made it better was if Grant had been there.

2 comments:

Jan said...

It seems to be your happiest visit in awhile! I can't wait until Mimi moves here and we can all get together for a girls night out!! Miles looks so happy and content

Anonymous said...

What a fun, fun trip!! I loved every minute of it! I agree, the only thing missing was Grant. I agree, Jan, I can't wait to be in Little Rock!!

Mimi