Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Let's Give them Something to Talk About

I can vividly picture riding in my Mom's white Honda Accord as a little girl singing Bonnie Raitt songs off her Nick of Time album. I know I was pretty little because I remember actually physically looking up at my Mom and belting out songs like, "Thing Called Love," and "Love Letter." I know every word to those songs. They are deeply rooting in me and have lots of childhood memories all tied up in them. At some point, Mom and I vowed to see Bonnie in concert together. And by golly, it happened. The concert was killer and Bonnie was as amazing as ever. It was a mother/daughter dream.



We were only about 50 feet from the stage. Taj Mahal was the opening act and set the blues mood for the night.



The rest of the trip was filled with lots of shopping, talking, walking, eating, movie watching, and drink sipping fun.



Here we are right before a good workout at Sugarhouse park.



You will notice that the only picture of Grant is one where he is looking at eyeballs! That is because he lives and breathes eyes right now. He didn't get to play very much while Millie was here, but he did get to give her an eye exam!



Mom next to a huge tire at the copper mine visitor's center. That tire cost $25,000. That is a good party fact for ya.



Up in Park City. We went on a showcase of homes that were valued at 5 million and up.



Beautiful tomatoes and flowers at the Farmers Market.





Mom and I like to make fancy lunches when we visit each other. This was a nice fresh shrimp salad. Oh yum.

But now Mom is back in Texas and that makes this little girl sad. I will sign off with a quote from Bonnie from a song she dedicated to her mom during the concert, "Life gets mighty precious when there's less of it to waste."

3 comments:

Julie said...

I want the recipe for the shrimp salad!

Anonymous said...

We did give them something to talk about!! What a great trip! You made me cry at the end of the blog, sniff...Love you both, Mom/Mil

shireen said...

love the bonnie quote! glad you had such a fab time w/your ma!