Sunday, July 15, 2012

More pictures from Nepal

While I was at the surgical eye camp in Silgadhi, I managed to slip my email address to one of the ophthalmic assistants that was taking a lot of pictures. I asked him to send me some pictures when he returned to Geta. He spoke zero English, so I thought that was the last I would hear of that. But somehow some pictures showed up in my inbox last week...amazing! Here are a few of the better ones...especially the ones that included me...

The eye camp operating room

Postop patients waiting to be seen

Examining a patient with a handheld microscope

Patients waiting to be seen

Observing one of the local surgeons (he was good). And yes that is a Razorbacks scrub cap.

The local surgeon and me, examining postop patients

Another eye camp operating room...that's me on the left with the white cap

Me doing a cataract surgery

No comments: