Well, I did it. I purchased
Vibram Fivefingers shoes. I have been reading quite a bit about barefoot running. Many people believe that with natural shoeless running, the balls of the feet are the part of the foot that strikes the ground with the most force. Running with padded tennis shoes alters this and forces you to put more emphasis on the heel and the back of the foot causing more stress injuries.


Now I'm not really going to start running barefoot, that wouldn't be safe. The idea is to have minimalist shoe that
simulates being barefoot while still offering protection. So I am going to give it a go. I will report back on how the feel and if I believe in barefoot running.
I promise that the next step will not be naked running! I have my limits.
1 comment:
Whoah! You are so hardcore! I want to hear all about these and how they feel. Very cool :)
Post a Comment