This is the view from our table. Nice, huh? Can't see the chickens from here.
Now here is the peacock that was eyeballin' my eggs benedict. We almost had words...
After the meal we walked a few yards over to the driving range they had on the grounds. There weren't any balls left but Anna made me pose for a picture anyway. Good thing there weren't any balls left, 'cause I would've hit them over the mountain anyway.
Then we walked around the grounds some more. There were some pretty little ponds and streams. Lots of ducks, chickens, swans, etc. Somebody liked poultry.
Later that day, we went to the Greek Food Festival downtown. Here I am, eating my delicious gyro sandwich and drinking some local brew while watching the Greek dancers.
Then we got home, I found my birthday present: Rock Band for the Wii !! This is a picture of me failing miserably on the drum set.
All in all, it was a good day. I'm glad Anna and I were off together, and we had fun pretending it was my birthday.And now, for all the faithful blog readers, here is the first installment of what might become a semi-regular new blog feature....short Morshedi video clips!!! We'll see if this works...it is an annoyingly loud video clip of us at the Greek food festival (video taken with our point-and-shoot digital camera, so sorry for the poor quality).
6 comments:
Happy birthday son. This reataurant looks great and the grounds are beautiful. I don't know about the peacocks and the chickens though. I wouldn't want to share my food or my eye balls with them either.
You are right about the video. It was loud but I am glad it was short. Looks like you guys had a great pre-birthday celebration and had a lot of fun.
We'll talk to you tonight.
Love, Dad/Ali
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to youuuuuu, happy birthday dear Grantly, happy birthday to you. Uncle Sam and I are trying this blog site thing, but ours is pretty basic, still learning, see if you find it.
Love,
Auntie Ellen
i swear!!! if you two were any cuter, i'd have to go public with this blog of yours!! happy birthday G! Anna, YOU ROCK!! you're such a cool wife! ROCKBAND??? i mean, that's definite grounds for "wife of the year". :) i kinda wish my life was interesting enough so that i could start a blog, but til then, let's everyone keep your fingers right where they're at! ~Samira
Happy Birthday Grant. The music on the video was not what I was expecting. Heavy on the bass. Who knew the Greeks not only invented philosophy as we know it, but also the subwoofer?
What a great way to celebrate your pre-birthday. You're living in such a beautiful part of the country and I'm so glad you find the time to enjoy it. Hope you have a great birthday!!
Love ya,
Mom
Happy birthday son-in-law! I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. You two are good at that!
Love, Mil
Post a Comment