I've made it a decent amount of time so far in Utah without doing something stupid, so you all knew it was only a matter of time. This is the first blog installment of the "Grant is stupid" series. There will surely be more.
Today was nice outside...maybe 80 degrees or so when we decided to go for a bike ride. We hoisted the bikes on top of my car and drove a little way to the Bonneville Shoreline trail. "Grant is stupid" event #1: I forgot the camera. Now nobody will believe us now about how pretty the views were. The trail overlooked the entire valley from just north of downtown SLC.
After the ride, we packed the bikes back on top of the car and drove home. It wasn't even a long drive, so I can't use that as an excuse for forgetting that the bikes were up there when I tried to pull into my usual parking spot in the garage ("Grant is stupid" event #2).
Don't worry...the bikes are fine. Also, the condo is mostly fine, aside from a few dents right above the garage opening (hardly noticeable). What is definitely not fine is the Honda. There are two huge scratches/dents in the roof where two of the bolts dug into the top. There are two other huge dents on the sides where the roof rack towers were sitting. I would attach a picture, but I'm too embarassed.
I don't think I deserve to park in the garage anymore. I hereby relinquish my garage parking spot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow...that was stupid.
Just kidding buddy. I once pulled my side view mirror off a car while backing out at sonic.
We all have our moments. Yours is just priceless!
Love,
Mom
Been there done that- my bike seat still has garage paint on it. Also, my Mom did the same thing when I was little. No worries.
Kristin
Do you think that Anna may have put something in your food or drink so she could get the spot in the garage? You never know about these women! No, not Anna!!!!
Love, Dad
(p.s., I can't remember my password, so I'd have to be anonymous.)
Post a Comment