Monday, July 29, 2013

KC

With a few more weeks off before Grant starts work, we decided we needed a quick trip up to Kansas City to see Andrea, Matt, and their baby bump (due this fall). Andrea and Matt know my love of factories and surprised us with two tours. This was a big moment for Miles. It was his first factory tour experience. I am glad I can start the indoctrination early.

Vespa is the sweetest pup.
The first tour was The Roasterie. This is a high-end coffee roasting factory. They use an air roasting process that I didn't know existed. We purchased some beans and I am actually drinking the coffee from them right now. It is a superb cup of joe.

It looks like Miles needs a little java.

Beans from around the world.

Trying out the pilot's chair.

Their signature plane that sits on the top of the factory.


Breakfast crapes and snuggles.


Don't mess with these two. Crapes are a serious matter.



Miles loved the dogs. Ducati was trying to get a quick face lick.
Our next factory tour was Boulevard brewery. Coffee and beer, what more could we ask for? 


I think Miles might have caught the factory tour bug.


Beer tasting love.

Beer, baby toys, and pacifiers. Those go together, right?

Picnic in the park.

 

Andrea and Matt were such wonderful hosts. On our next visit up there, we will get to meet their baby! 

1 comment:

Jennifer Shook said...

Looks like a fun trip!! I love the pic of Matt and Miles in matching hats...too cute!