Sunday, October 14, 2012

2.5 weeks later...

We are 2.5 weeks into the life of Miles. The first week was a bit of a blur. We made it home and had some pretty rough nights in terms of sleeping. Miles was waking up almost every hour at night to nurse. I have never really experienced true sleep deprivation until now. Boy is it hard! Grant says, welcome to the club...

Luckily, after a few days, Miles started sleeping around 2.5 to 3 hours at a time. Who would have thought that would ever sound like a long stretch? Nursing is going really well. In a few weeks we will introduce a breast milk bottle so Grant can help with feeding.

Grant is just the most amazing father. Seeing him become a father has been one of the most beautiful experiences I could imagine. He cares for Miles with such deep love and tenderness. He is also helpful beyond belief at home with chores. I feel pretty darn lucky.

Miles is starting to be more alert and active. I can't wait until he can smile at us. Right now he is loving baths and laying in his activity gym.

He knows he's cute.

Nap time with Mom and Dad.

Banjo concert.

Bath time with Dad.

Fall drive. Miles loves being in the car.

Ohhh...nursing time!

Love that he is looking at me in this one.

Play time in his activity gym.

2 comments:

Jennifer Shook said...

Awww...I love all of these pictures! Miles is so cute! I can't wait to snuggle him! Glad you're getting a little more sleep.

Julie said...

He is such a handsome guy. Can't wait to meet him.